Help & Support

Got any questions about pipes, blocked drains or sewers? Find all the answers you need here.

Free flowing pipes

It's really not great having blocked drains or sewers. We understand how costly and unpleasant this can be. It is important to know who is responsible for the upkeep of your drainage system, sewers, and pipes. All of these play a role in providing your business with water.

What you are responsible for 

Pipes, gutters and drains in and around your premises. This includes drains from your property to your boundary. You are responsible for making sure that all the private pipework that supplies your facilities remains in good condition.

Have a problem? 

Call a plumber. Check that you are covered by your insurance.  

What your wholesaler is responsible for

  • Big public sewers that take sewage and rainwater run-off to wastewater treatment works. 
  • Pipes from your property’s boundary that lead into the public sewer.
  • Many shared drains where several come together before they join the public sewer.   

Have a problem?

Get in touch with your wholesaler. Find your wholesaler using our map (PDF download).

What your local authority is responsible for

Road gullies (small grate-covered openings at the edge of roads used to drain surface water).  

Have a problem? 

For blockages or smells please contact your council.  

Stay ahead of the game with our informative newsletter
Don’t worry we'll never share your details with anyone else

Enter your details below